Break free this Independence day! Learn how to get out of that rut, banish negative patterns and transform unhealthy habits so you can make room for a lighter, brighter, more firework-worthy future. Today, clinical Psychologist Beth Kubik and Peggy Woodcock, RN, certified hypnotherapist and Reiki master, share their insight into how best to begin making positive changes in your lifestyle and relationships that will give you a whole new reason to celebrate this summer.
The Dr. Lisa Radio Hour & Podcast airs weekly at 12 pm on WLOB radio 1310 AM (Portland)/streaming online. Listen to the Podcast or click on the link below:
Click here to read the article referenced in our "Wellness Innovations" segment, sponsored by the University of New England.
Our first featured guest is Dr. Beth Kubik. Dr. Kubik
is a clinical psychologist specializing in research-based cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for anxiety and related disorders. In addition to anxiety, she has expertise in post-partum depression, infertility, pscyho-oncology, stress management and women’s wellness. She works collaboratively and compassionately with patients to help identify and change unhealthy patterns that interfere with living a valued, full life. Her approach incorporates relatively new innovations in CBT treatments, such as mindfulness based CBT and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which focus on treating whole individuals and mind-body health.
Dr. Kubik received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of Maine and her BA from Colby College. She completed her pre-doctoral training at the Boston VA. Since receiving her doctorate, she has completed training at Harvard’s Mind/Body Center for Women’s Health.
second segment features Peggy Woodcock of Reiki Partners
. According to Peggy: "Through my many life experiences I have come to believe that the mind controls the body. By teaching the mind to relax and let go, and by giving positive, encouraging suggestions, the body will follow – becoming healthy and tuned into its own talents and healing abilities. In my healing practice, I frequently draw from a number of healing disciplines to mediate mind-body healing. Techniques from multiple disciplines can be combined with each other, and with conventional medical treatments to achieve positive results. Here is a partial list of my training and certification:
- Registered Nurse (R.N) with over 30 years of traditional medical experience in obstetrics and neonatal nursing in hospital and office setting
- Reiki Master Teacher in the Usui tradition
- Certified Hypnotherapist – clinical and medical hypnosis by I.A.C.T. (International Association of Counselors & Therapists)
- Certified Master Trainer of Hypnotherapy (certified by The International Association of Counselors & Therapists I.A.C.T.)
- Certified Grief Facilitator
- Certified HypnoBirthing teacher for expectant couples and HypnoBirthing teachers in training (certified by the HypnoBirthing Institute, Epsom N.H.)
- Certified Shamballa Multi-dimensional Healing Master Teacher and 13D Teacher - by the Shamballa School of Esoteric Sciences
- Shamanic Shapeshifter practitioner- certified by John Perkins/ LLyn Roberts & and The Dream Change Coalition
My Energy Healing practice incorporates all of my knowledge and skills and provides a safe space for clients’ self-healing. In addition to my work with individuals, I particularly enjoy teaching and sharing healing techniques with others through workshops and classes."
Join us next Sunday, July 8th at 11 am for the next Dr. Lisa Radio Hour & Podcast
radio Portland 1310 AM/streaming online
. Our topic will be "Safe Haven" and guests will include Mike Tarpinian of Opportunity Alliance
and Ethan Strimling of LearningWorks